Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lady in Waiting

For my birthday this year, my good friend, Desiree, gave me an awesome book -- Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall. Des and I have become quite close over the last several months. She is an amazing christian woman who radiates the light of Christ. We have had quite a few heart-to-hearts...most of them revolving around men, relationships and the difficulties of being single and being a good christian.

Desiree and Amy (another good friend of ours) did this bible study a few years back and it really changed their outlook on being single. Due to my transportation issues, or lack there of, and the fact that I now live over the bridge, we decided to this study in a new way. We're going to do it over the internet. With a webcam on their end, and one on mine, we'll conference in once a week and discuss our thoughts on the chapters. I've never done a bible study, or anything else for that matter, via live webcam so hopefully it will work out!

This book focuses on how being single is a gift from God, and what you should be doing with this time in your life. It's not a how-to on getting a single guy or anything like that. It's about focusing on you. The tagline being 'Becoming God's best while waiting for Mr. Right.'

I am really excited about this study! Desiree knew I had been looking for a good study to do for single women for myself and my friend Cassie to do together. I did pick up one of Priscilla Shirers books, but I didn't feel it was really what I was looking for. Lady in Waiting looks perfect! I've only read the back cover so far...Des and Amy forbade me to open it until we start our study. But so far, so good!

I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment