Monday, March 7, 2011

p90x

I need a change.  My pants don't button up on anymore...at least not comfortably.  i have grown to be way too lazy.  Today, that changes.

I've always been pretty lucky in that I have a fast metabolism. Growing up, I was always slender with little to no effort on my part. Because I never really HAD to workout, I didn't. I was never involved in any sports or athletic activities and grew to have a pretty sedentary lifestyle. A few years ago I noticed the weight was starting to stick a little more and then shifting. Over the last 2 years, I've gained 30lbs. This is NOT a happy weight for me.

So today I start p90x.  Again.  THIS time, I'm going to make it all the way through.  THIS time, I won't quit.  THIS time, I will BRING IT!

I figure if I REALLY want this attempt to be different, I am going have to go about it differently.  My biggest downfall is distraction.  I'm giving up video games for lent, so that will hopefully cut down on that.  I also need help with accountability.  I'm less likely to give up if someone is looking over my shoulder.  So I signed up for a beachbody coach and I'll be tracking my progress on here.  I'm asking that all of you hold me accountable.

If you are doing, or thinking about doing, p90x, or any other beachbody workout, I highly recommend signing up for a coach.  It's free.  You can log your workouts and your progress.  You can join online workout groups who have the same goals and/or fitness level as you.  Your coach can help keep you motivated and answer any questions you might have.

My beachbody coach, Lindsay Matway, is truly an inspiration for me. I've known her for almost 3 years and have seen her p90x transformation first hand. You can sign up with her at www.whyyoucan.com (and then add me as your workout buddy!). I hope I have HALF as much success as she did on this, my 6th, attempt.

Now its time for me to get started...day 1 - Core Synergistics.  Wish me luck!  I leave you with my day one pictures.  I'm not proud of these, or in the least bit happy with them, but I will be posting my progress every 30 days.  Keep me accountable!


1 comment: