Monday, August 8, 2011

Massage Monday : cell phones

Cell phones are a huge part of our every day lives.  I know mine rarely leaves my side.  It's my alarm clock.  It keeps track of my finances.  It's my calendar.  It's my facebook, twitter and google+.  It's my mp3 player and radio.  It's my email.  It's my source of entertainment when I'm bored.  I can read a book, watch a movie, catch up on news, or play a video game. Heck, I'm even writing this blog on it!  Oh, and I of course use it to call and text.

But, there is a time and place for everything.

Cell phones do not have a place at a spa.  Not while checking in.  Not while waiting for your therapist.  Not during your massage.  Not while checking out.  Please be courteous to your surroundings and turn your phone on silent before entering the spa.

A spa is a place of serenity and quiet, not for 'outdoor' or 'cell phone' voices. A lot of people (myself included), tend to speak louder when on the phone.  It is rude and disruptive to use your phone while at the front desk or in the client lounge.

Your massage is a time of peace and relaxation.  A time for you to forget about the world around you, and focus on your well-being.  A ringing cell phone can be distracting for both you and the therapist.  Think of your massage as a mini-vacation.  Take that hour (30-minutes, hour and a half...or whatever time increment you choose for your massage) and disconnect from the outside world.  Enjoy your short time to yourself.  You can plug back in when you leave.

As your checking out, the therapist or spa personnel might have more info for you.  Wait until you are ready to leave to turn your phone back on and check your missed calls, texts and emails.

You'll feel more relaxed when you take the time to fully indulge in your massage without distractions.

For more information on massage or to schedule one for yourself, comment below or contact us by phone, email, facebook or twitter.

facebook - facebook.com/RejuvenatingTouchFL or facebook.com/RejuvenatingTouch
twitter - twitter.com/RejuvTouch
email - Relax@RejuvenatingTouchFL.com
727.342.0SPA (772)
RejuvenatingTouchFL.com







No comments:

Post a Comment