Monday, May 4, 2009

single

Though I've always thought it would be great to have a boyfriend who had a passion for Christ, it was never a deal breaker. It was more of a bonus if they went to church. But, as I grow more in my faith, I find that my priorities have shifted.

I strive to live my life centered around Christ and I need someone who's on the same track as I am. Someone who understands how to get through trials and tribulations by faith. Someone who will encourage me to stay on track and not lead me astray. Someone who will go to church with me, pray with me, do devotions with me. I want a partner in Christ.

I am a Christian because I believe in Jesus. I believe He is the son of God. I believe He died and rose again. I believe He paid for us all. Yes, I know those are lyrics but they state my feeling perfectly. Saying that I am passionate about my faith would be a gross understatement.

When I have kids, I want them to be raised in the church. I want them to be emersed in the faith, taught about Jesus, shown the Christian lifestyle. That's not something that can be accomplished if they only see it on Sundays. It needs to be 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It needs to start at home.

In my minds eye, the purpose of dating is to find a boyfriend. The purpose of having boyfriends is to find a husband. I plan on having children with whoever my husband ends up being. So why date a non-believer? To date someone who doesn't have the same integrities would be against my values and a contradiction to my beliefs.

I believe that somewhere out there is my Godsent. I believe that we will meet when the time is right...when we are both ready for eachother in the eyes of God. Until then, I will be patient. I will not waste my time or his or His with someone I know, in my heart of hearts, is not my soulmate.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very introspective blog.

    As strange as it may be after knowing a little about me it may be hard to believe that I was once the TFC/FCA male athlete of the year. I attended the TFC/FCA meetings every Thursday in Junior High. I used to go to church every sunday with my mom. As I grew older, I didn't lose faith, but my beliefs changed a bit. I can say that I am not devout, but I do repent and ask for forgiveness.

    After being part of 'the scene' for so long, I know exactly what you wish to find. I'd like to find someone like that as well. But for me, the faith and level of devoutness would not be a deal breaker. But I would want someone who lives a good, healthy life and at least is on the same level as far as my beliefs are concerned.

    I know that you will have no problem finding a great guy that holds the same values that you do. It's just a matter of weeding through those who dont.

    ReplyDelete