Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LIWD :: day 7 :: Adjust Your Vision


It is doubtful that there could ever be a better time to serve Jesus than this "moment" of singleness. Rather than wasting precious moments fantasizing about an earthly lover, take advantage of your free hours each day to serve the Lord of Heaven. If you are frustrated and distracted, rather than fruitfully serving Jesus, then ask Him right now to adjust your vision.

...Don't worry about that certain guy you have had your eye on for a while. If he is God's best for you, he will be there when you return....

Is there an opportunity of service that you have avoided because you can't give up your "post on the castle wall" looking for your knight in shining armor?...As you get older, you assumer more obligations and responsibilities that demand your time and attention. Such distractions will make serving Jesus even more difficult. Have you given Jesus full reign over your time?

Limitless ministry opportunities exist for the Lady of Diligence. These ministries are available right this moment. The do not demand a Bible college education. The only requirement is a single woman who desires to use her time wisely in ministry.

Is there an opportunity you have avoided because you can't give up your "post on the castle wall" looking for your knight in shining armor?

This is a prayer I use often. I have lazy days. I have days where facebook dominates my time...or tv...or reading...or cross-stitching...or whatever. Days where, come night fall, I can't really say what I did all day, and I wonder, 'where did the time go?'. These are the days I need to call on Gods guidance. I need His will to overpower my laziness. Not an easy task to do...but then again, He is the almighty.

I was recently talking to an old friend. I hadn't seen her in a couple of months and we were catching up. I was telling her of my financial woes, how great my current boyfriend is and why I haven't gotten a second job. The reasons are many...time and transportation being at the top of that list...but when I said 'plus I only get to see him 2 or 3 days a week as it is'...she stopped me mid-sentence. 'You've changed so much!' she declared. When I asked what she meant, she said that never had she ever seen me bend my work ethic for a guy. Wow. Is that really what I'm doing? I don't believe it is, but it made me stop and think. This is not how I want to be perceived. I love my boyfriend and I believe God brought him to me, but I don't want to compromise myself for our relationship.

After a lot of inward reflection and a lot of prayer, I've come to a resolution in my heart over this. Only God knows the path He's leading me on. I've resolved to listen more adherently to Him.

God, adjust my vision. Align it with Yours. I pray I can forsake my will for Yours in even the smallest circumstances. Please, Lord, take from me my pride and my laziness. Make me into the princess you've destined me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment