Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LIW :: 40-day Devotional

In additon to fasting for lent and abstaining from social networking, I will also be doing a 40-day devotional. The devotional comes from the expanded edition of Lady in Waiting. I recently finished the book with an awesome group of women and we wanted to the devotional in the back of the book together. It's a 40-day devotional though and it's a bit of a stretch to extend our bible study for another 40 weeks. So instead, I thought, maybe we could do it individually and email back and forth about it. Then Desiree came up with the idea that I blog about it and everyone else can chime in on the comment portion or on our Lady in Waiting group facebook page (I'd post a link, but that would require me to go on facebook thus breaking my social networking fast in less than 24 hours...so maybe Des or Amy would be so kind to do that in the comments...hint,hint). The timing worked out that lent, which is also forty days (so long as you don't count sundays) fell right around the time I was planning on starting the devotional.

I will be blogging everyday alongside the devotional...they're short so I will include them in 1st half of each blog post so if you don't have the book, you can follow along easily...with the exclusion of Sundays. Please chime in on the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment