Friday, February 19, 2010

LIWD :: day 3 :: His Blueprints

Another costly aspect of Ruth's choice was the time frame in Israels's history.  It was the age of the judges, a period of time described as "do your own thing"; "Everyone did what was right in his own eyes" (Judges 21.25b).  Ruth chose not only to break her family cycle, but also to challenge the lifestyle that many in Israel embraced.  She wanted God's will, not hers; His blueprints, not her elementary scribbling; God's assignment, not her foolish plans. 

Whenever a single woman decides to abandon herself completely to Jesus, as Ruth,did, she will find herself out of step with society and, sometimes, even her frineds.  A single woman today needs the boldness to challenge and break the cycle of the "American way" that exalts a relationship with a man as an answer to life.  This "American way" blurs the reality of the ultimate answer to life found in a deep relationship with Jesus Christ.  A modern-day Ruth wrote: "My deep satisfaction from my commitment to Jesus is constantly challenged by other believers.  They treat me like some kind of Neanderthal, definitely out of step with the today's woman."

His blueprints, not her elementary scribbling; God's assignment not her foolish plans

This is something I've struggled with for years. I used to believe there was a time and place for everything...including religion. I thought my religion, my faith, God, belonged at church. He belonged at my wednesday night hi-ba (high school born-againers) group in high school. He belonged in the presence of other believers. He did not belong at school. He did not belong at work. He did not belong when I was out with my non-christian friends. He did not belong in my relationships.

I have since been awakened to how seriously flawed my thinking was. He's not a 'sometimes' god. He's an 'always' God. He's there even if you don't think you want Him to be, and believe me, you want Him there. He is the only one who can deliver you. He's the only one who knows you inside out. He's the only one who can complete you. Letting Him into every aspect of your life will only augment those areas. He created it all, He knows how to get the best out it. He wants whats best for us, if only we'll allow Him in.
Doing Jesus' will may not always be the easiest or most popular road, but where it leads you will be well-worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment