Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LIWD :: day 42 :: No End to the Wait

Take courage, single friend.  You are not alone in your wait; neither are you alone in the feelings and struggles you encounter.  many godly women have waited and won.  Many women have lost hope and compromised.  Wait patiently and win triumphantly the future your Father has planned for you.  It will always be designed with you in mind and is worth being patient to discover.

Ruth was a wonderful example of a Lady of Patience.  Ruth did not allow her circumstances or lack of male companionship to cause her to be impatient.  Instead she concentrated on developing companionship with her heavenly Father and chose to let Him bring a husband to her if He saw fit.  Concern over the ticking of her "biological clock" did not make her fearful of the future. Instead she concentrated on being a lady of character, not on getting a man.  She took one day at a time, knowing that God was not bound by circumstances nor her age.  She used the wait to become the woman God wanted her to be.  At the end of this personal preparation God chose to provide her with a husband.

Many godly women have waited and won.  Many women have lost hope and compromised.

I, for one, do not want to settle.  Yes, I want to get married and have kids, but not with the wrong person.  Doing things ahead of Gods timing will only end in distress.  I'd rather wait another 20 years to be with my godsend than settle for someone who is not the one He has chosen for me. 

Why set myself up for disappointment?  If God wants me to be married, He will put the man for me in my life.  My job is simply to wait.  So wait, I will.  I know that God knows better than I do...despite how I may act sometimes.  Putting my trust completely in Him is easier said than done, but I know that doing so will work out better in the long run. 

When I try to do things on my own, they rarely go exactly as planned.  God doesn't have that problem.  So long as we follow Gods instructions, His plans will go off without a hitch.   So I will wait and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment