Monday, April 19, 2010

LIWD :: day 53 :: Maximizing Fellowship With God

As a single, you have a wonderful opportunity to use your time to mazimize your fellowship with God. When you love someone, you give them your heart, the center of your being. God asks for no less. He desires a totally devoted heart (deepest devotion), your soul (what you think and what you feel), and your might (your strength and energy).

Many women today are devoted, all right! They have devoted themselves to developing a love relationship, but not with the Lord. They erroneously seek for love in sensations and promises. the world's version of love is soemthing they want to "fall into." Meanwhile, "true love" escapes them. True loves can only be found in undistracted devotion to Jesus Christ.

To love Him like this, you must know Him intimately... It is a personal, intimate knowledge. Do you have a devotion to God that causes people to marvel at how intimately you know Him? do you know God in a way that causes Him to be an intimate, personal part of your being as you may desire a husband to one day be?

As a single, you have a wonderful opportunity to use your time to maximize your fellowship with God.

Every day, in my morning prayer, I ask God to radiate His light through me. I long to make my heavenly Father proud. I long to rightly represent Jesus in all that I do. As much as I long for these things, I often fail miserably. Lucky for me, our God is a god of second chances...and third, fourth...etc.

So how do we gain this personal, intimate knowledge of God? It's actually quite simple. How do you get to know anyone? You spend time with them. You learn all about them. You tell them all about yourself. You share your hopes, dreams, fears and aspirations. You talk to them. You listen to them. You heed their advice. That's what God wants, no, deserves.

He has done so much for us, from creation to His death on the cross. The least we can do is live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment