Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LIWD :: day 49 :: Spiritual Eye Wash

In order to have "eyes of faith," you may have to use a spiritual eye wash to remove the debris that the enemy has dropped into your eyes. The Lady of Faith will have times when her secure eyes of faith begin to blink into an anxious twitch of insecure, sensual sight.  She can admit her insecurity to her heavenly fiance and He can calm the twitching eyes.  Spending some quality time in the Word is the best "eye wash" for "eyes of faith."

...A Lady of Faith...can only be content in this trying situation if she has her "eyes of faith" properly focused on the ultimate relationship -- with her heavenly Bridegroom.  Datelessness is a common type of debris that irritates the "eyes of faith," but the eye wash treatment -- quality time with Jesus and reading His Word -- is always effective.

...

One young lady faithfully attended her church for years.  Often she needed reminding that "he's just not here yet."  God brought her Boaz from across the country to where she was in Florida....  Many tears of faith had washed away the debris that often caused her to doubt if whe would ever get married.

Spending some qualtiy time in the Word is the best "eye wash" for "eyes of faith."

No one is insusceptible to sin.  We are all human.  We are all flawed.  We all have out achilles heels.  We are not perfect.  We have weaknesses.  We can only do our best. 

For me, doing my best means living my life in a way that would put a smile on Gods face.  I often...very often...fall short.  But when that happens, my Savior picks me back up, dusts me off, and I try again.  He gives me a clean slate every time I fail. 

His unrelenting love and forgiveness pushes me to try harder each time.  I'm still learning how to live for Him.  I'm going to make mistakes along the way.  With my bible in hand, and my Lord in my heart, I will focus my life on Him.  When I feel myself starting to waiver, going in a direction that is not following His directions for me, I need to stop.  I need to take a time out and speak to my God.  Ask Him to redirect my heart, to align my will with His, to set my focus on His horizon. 

I am happier when I know I am walking in Gods light.  I am more fulfilled when I am following His plan for my life.  I want to retain this happiness and fulfillment, so I will keep my eyes on Him and when I fall, because I know I will, I will turn to Him to guide back to His path.

No comments:

Post a Comment