Saturday, April 10, 2010

LIWD :: day 46 :: The Prayer of the Heart

Let all pray: you should live by prayer, as you should live by love.  "I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that ye may be rich."  (Rev. iii. 18.)  This is very easily obtained, more easily than you can conceive.

Come all ye that are athirst to the living waters, not lose your precious moments in hewing out cisterns that will hold no water.  (John vii. 37; Jer. ii. 13.)  Come ye famishing souls, who find nought to satisfy you; come, and ye shall be filled!  Come, ye poor afflicted ones, bending beneath your load of whretchedness and pain, and ye shall be consoled!  Come, ye sick, to your physician, and be not fearful of approaching him because ye are filled with diseases; show them, and they shall be lealed!

Children, draw near to your Father, and he will embrace you in the arms of love!  Come ye poor, stray, wandering sheep, return to your Shepherd!  Come, sinners, to your Savior!  Come ye dull, ignorant, and illiterate, ye who think yourselves the most incapable of prayer!  Ye are more peculiarly called and adapted thereto.  Let all without exception come, for Jesus Christ hath called ALL.
-Madame Guyon

Children, draw near to your Father, and He will embrace you in the arms of love!  Come ye poor, stray, wandering sheep, reurn to your Shepherd!

I talk to God frequently throughout my day.  I pray when I'm happy.  I pray when I'm sad.  I pray when I'm frustrated.  I pray when I'm excited.  I pray when I'm angry.  I pray when I don't know what to feel.  I pray when a friend is struggling.  I pray when I see an ambulance or firetruck answering their call of duty. 

For me, talking to God...telling Him how I'm feeling...brings me closer to Him.  I know, that he is omniscient.  I know that I don't have to voice my feelings for Him to know what they are.  He already knows.  But I believe He wants me to tell Him.  He wants me to bring all that I am to Him.  He wants me to take my frustrations, my fears, my hopes, my dreams, my aspirations, and lay them at His feet.

Leaving my frustrations with God helps to take the weight off.  This world is hard.  I can't handle it on my own.  With God things are so much easier!  With God all things are possible.  Let Him take the weight off your shoulders.   Let Him carry your burden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment