Thursday, April 8, 2010

LIWD :: day 44 :: Cause and Effect

When you marry, you do not choose blessings or curses for you alone; you choose for the generations after you.  If you choose to wait patiently for your knight in shining armor, you will be blessed by the heritage that a prince brings.  If you choose to run eagerly ahead of God's plan and marry a man with no conscience toward God, you will reap the life's course he follows, but not alone.  Your children's and grandchildren's lives will be directly affected by the man you marry.

...

God warned His people in Deuteronomy of the long-term effect of their choices....

Deuteronomy 28:2, 15 and 32 show that God has always desired to bless His people, but He will not force them to do what is best.  In His Word He has often warned us to wait, to be careful, and to trust Him.  He will not make us wait.  his heart of love begs us to listen and obey so He may bless us and the dear ones who will one day look to and follow us....

You must choose to wait patiently for God's best.

I am, by nature, a selfish person.  I live in the now...and don't worry much about what the future may hold.  Sure, I have my hopes, dreams and aspirations...but I tend to focus more on what I'm doing right now and the immediate future.  Because of this, it takes effort for me to rely on God's timing.

I know that God knows better than I do.  I know that if I rely fully on Him, go where He leads me, do what He tells me...that He will take care of me. 

But it's so hard!  It's so hard to rely on the unknown.  It's so hard to live in the now when you don't know what you're working towards.  That's why it's so important to keep my eyes focused on the Lord.  Even though I don't know, He does.  He knows.  That's all that matters.  I just need to trust in Him and in His plans for me. 

It might not be easy...I will most likely face trials and tribulations in my pursuit of Him.  But He will take care of me.  I trust in Him.  I trust in His plans.  I will hold fast to that trust, and where He leads, I will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment