Monday, March 1, 2010

LIWD :: day 11 :: Your Destiny


Do you think your ideals and standards are too high?  Do you feel the pressure to compromise and settle for the generic version of life?  Ruth lived in an era that was exactly like modern America.  Judges 21:25 describes the era in which she lived: "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes."  We too live in a culture where it seems that no one fears God and people just "do their own thing."

You, like Ruth, will be greatly affected by your choices.  Ruth's wise choices allowed her to break a godless family cycle and begin a new cycle that the Word of god triumphantly records.  God has not changed -- and neither have men.  The high standards in God's Word are not irrelevant, but completely applicable to finding God's best for your life.  Choices, guided by your convictions rather than by chance, determine your destiny....

You cannot make good choices without proper, biblical convictions.  Don't carelessly leave your dating/relating standards to chance.  Too much depends on your decisions in this area.

Choices, guided by your convictions rather than by chance, determine your destiny...


I strongly believe that even the smallest choices can greatly impact your life.  Bad choices can snowball quickly...believe me, I have alot of experience in that!  I don't think that anything really happens by 'chance', it's all a result of how you, or others, have employed free will. 

I choose to go to work.  Sure I wouldn't be able to eat, pay my bills or anything else if I didn't...but still, it's a choice.  I choose to go to church.  I need it to feed my faith and converse with other believers.  I choose to only date believers.  I've done the alternative and it is stifling to my hearts desires. 

I don't always make the best decisions, but I know that when I apply Gods will to my life that I am doing the right thing.  I know that the resulting implications will be for the best...even when I don't understand it.  For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.  I want my actions to shine of Gods light.

By applying Gods word in even the the most insignificant decisions, I am ensuring that I am following Gods will.  I pray that I will have the strength, the will and the determination to do just that every day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment