Monday, March 29, 2010

LIWD :: day 35 :: Don't Sin Against Yourself

Have you ever been dieting but treated yourself to a huge piece of rich chocolate cake with fudge icing to celebrate some special occasion?  Cake is good.  Cake is desirable.  The more cake, the more pleasure.  But cake, in the midst of a strict diet, can really make on sick!  The pleasure of a big, luscious piece of cake depends on the right timing, just as the pleasures of sex do.

God also wants to protect you from the sexually transmitted diseases that could affect not only you, but also your future husband....

God also desires to shield you from an unwanted pregnancy.  Although precautions exist, pregnancy always remains a possibility.  A rushed marriage, adoption, or abortion only complicate the consequences.

God desires to shield you from the negative physical consequences of premarital sex.  He wants to protect you from sinning against your body.  First Corinthians (NIV) says, "Flee from sexual immorality.  All other sins a [woman] commits are outside [her] body, but [she] who sins sexually sins against [her] own body."

"He wants you to be free from an addiction to premarital sex.  Passionate physical exchange is a short-lived high.  As with drugs, you keep wanting more intense highs."

...cake, in the midst of a strict diet, can really make one sick!

Abstinence is hard.  Abstinence is so hard.  But it's doable and I believe it will be worth it.  I believe that denying myself physical pleasures now will only help me to grow closer to God, stronger in my faith. 

I know that my wedding night will be special.  I know that my wedding night will be romantic.  I know that any indescretions I have can cheapen that.  I also know that any and all indescretions I have had, have been forgiven.  I know that when I turned my life over God and asked Him for forgiveness that He granted me just that.  I know that when I asked God to wash me of my sins He replied that He had already done just that when He sent His Son to die on the cross and rise again 3 days later.  I know that because of the great sacrifice Jesus made for me that I am forgiven and that in Gods eyes I am pure again.

I want to remain pure in His sight.  So I will do my best to remain abstinent.  I will do my best to not have any more indescretions.  I will do my best.  But, if I mess up...if I slip...I know that when I come to Him, on my knees, crying out for forgiveness, that He will cleanse me of my sins and make me pure again.

No comments:

Post a Comment