Monday, March 15, 2010

LIWD :: day 23 :: Waiting for Our Love - Basilea Schlink

Jesus is yearning to have fellowship with us and to hear words of love drop from our lips.  He is waiting for us.  He wants us to be close to Him.  He wants to speak to us in our hearts, cultivate love's intimate relationship with us.  Only in times of quiet when no one else distracts us, and nothing else draws us away, can Jesus visit us with His love.  Let him who wishes to know the presence of Jesus and who desires to enter into bridal love for Jesus keep his times of quiet holy and faithfully for Him.


Jesus is waiting for our love.  As important as our sacrifices and our obedience to the commandments are for God (the rich young ruler sacrificed, and kept the commandments), they are not enough.  Sacrifices and obedience do not necessarily yield the "eternal, divine life."  Love does not necessarily pulsate through them.  Jesus is pulsating life and love and He wants to impart His nature to us.  Therefore, only our love, which stems from the divine, eternal life which He has granted to us, is the proper response to His love for us.  This love leads us to keep His commandments, which are His wishes for us.  It will lead us to bring Him many gifts, and to offer Him sacrifices -- but in a different spirit.


...Bridal love for Jesus is filled with delight.  There is no greater, happier, higher, richer love.

He is waiting for us.  He wants us to be close to Him.  He wants to speak to us in our hearts, to cultivate love's intimate relationship with us.

I never used to think quiet time was of any importance...until I started doing it.  What a difference it makes!  Spending that time, by myself, alone with God, in His word, really fills my spirit.  I love to sit in my backyard on a nice day looking at the lake, bible in hand and just talk to God.  Sometimes I hear Him, sometimes I don't, but I always feel fulfilled. 

But I've been slacking lately.  Chalk it up to being busy, laziness or the weather...they're all inexcusable excuses.  I was much happier and more aligned with God in my walk when I was spending quiet time with Him daily.  I think it's time I step up my game and give God the quality time He desires (and deserves!) from me.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment