Tuesday, March 30, 2010

LIWD :: day 36 :: Spiritual Pain

Passion makes it difficult to see that God also set physical limits to protect you spiritually.  Hebrews 13:4 (NIV) very clearly says that "marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."  God judges the sin of immorality.  It feels awful to be separated from your Lord by the guilt of sin.

Actions speak louder than words, and this is especially true regarding premarital sex.  It is difficult to share Christ with one who knows your reputation.  Your actions can also cause weaker brothers and sisters to stumble.  One night of passion can totally destroy a reputation you have built over a lifetime.  "The spiritual side of sex is often overlooked.  Even many Christians are not aware of the profoundly spirtual nature of their sex lives.  A person will feel acute spiritual pain and separation from God when engaging in sex outside of marriage, but may not even realize how spiritually beneficial and unifying sex is within marriage."

God does not intend to deny you pleasure.  He protects you so you might enjoy physical health, emotional stability, relational intimacy, and spiritual blessings.

It feels awful to be separated from your Lord by the guilt of sin.

We all have people that look up to us.  We all have someone who admires us...even when we do not deserve it...even when their admiration is misguided.  It is our responsibility as Christ followers to set the best example we are capable of.

I want to be worthy of admiration.  Not godly amiration, but inspiring admiration.  I want to invoke the love of Christ in others.  I want to shine Gods light.  I don't want people to look at me, at the way I live my life, and say, 'she says she's a christian, but look at what she's doing.'.  I don't want to be all talk.  I want to walk the walk.  I want to live the way God desires me to. 

There's a quote that has always struck a chord with me.  I'm not sure who it's by...it's on the intro to What if I Stumble on the dc Talk album Free at Last. 
"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is christians...who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and then walk out the door and get on with a greater lifestyle.  That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
  I don't want to be that kind of christian.  I strongly believe there is an immense different between a believer in Christ, a follower of Christ and a leader for Christ.  I believe they are levels maturity in christianity.  I'm a follower in my walk right now, and I am striving to be a leader.

I want to inspire others to live their lives in Christ...to not only believe in Him and accept Him into their hearts, but to truly live their lives for Him.  To do that, I have to practice what I preach.  I have to lead by example.  So I will speak out of my abstinence.  I will speak out of why I'm abstinence.  And I won't just be all talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment