Tuesday, December 7, 2010

=) 5

Day 5 - a song that makes you smile

Can I reuse my post from day 2??

Okay, fine.  I won't be lazy.

I love music and there are a plethora of songs that make me smile.  Some because they're fun to sing (Fly Away by FFH).  Some because they're fun to dance to (Just Dance by Lady GaGa).  Some because they're just so beautiful (Oh Love by Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley).  Some because they're funny (pretty much all the Veggie Tales Silly Songs).  And some because of the memories or the people they remind me of.

I think that's where I'll go with this post.

But which song, which memory, to choose?

I think I'll go wayyy back with my Mum.  My Mum is very silly at times.  She loves to joke around and play with us and it was no different when we were growing up.  She had two methods of waking us up in the morning.  One was to shake us and repeatedly tell us to get up or ask if we're awake...I was NOT a fan of this method!  The other way was much more pleasant.  She would burst into our rooms, switch on the lights or open the blinds, flip back our covers, and start singing this song.


Good Morning!  Good Morning!
Good morning to you!
Good morning!  Good morning!
And how do you do?
Good morning!  Good morning!
Good morning to you!
Good morning little Lauren!
And how do you do? 


Of course, she would substitute the name of whoever she was waking.  While it was still an abrupt way to wake up,  you couldn't help but smile and laugh right along with her.  

I was going to call my Mum and have her sing it so I could record it and post it for you all to hear, but she is in Canada for the week.  Maybe I'll add it in when she gets back.  Until then, you'll just have to imagine.  =)






No comments:

Post a Comment